Fibre Optic Temperature Measurement
13 Oct 2004
Lambda Photometrics are introducing the Luxtron range of fibre optic temperature controllers. These products are designed for use in hostile environments and are inherently immune from EMI or high voltage interference. The Luxtron instruments were originally designed for temperature monitoring and control in electricity supply high voltage transformers making "real-time" accurate measurement and coolant control. The products are based on Luxtron's patented Fluoroptic technology with a stable, inert ceramic sensor attached directly to the end of a fibre optic probe and requiring no calibration. Large LEDs display the temperature and an RS-232 link is provided for data logging. Set points can initiate different coolant measures or alarms. Up to four channels can be monitored and variants of the system are available for smaller transformers. OEM versions are also available.
An ultra-fast pyrometer is also available making possible non-contact measurements on targets as small as 0.5mm. Applications for this have been found in filament and wire monitoring, crystal growth, semiconductor processing, optical fibre drawing and chemical and petrochemical process control.
For more information contact Adrian Harrison
Tel: 01582 764334 Fax: 01582 712084
Latest Press Releases
- The smallest 1.3-megapixel USB3 Camera with NIR from XIMEA
- IMPERX In-Camera Image Processing
- Integrated Elemental Mapping & Line Scan
- The fastest Point and Shoot Desktop Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) for Forensic applications.
- New Revision for StreamPix, TroublePix and HERMES software from Norpix
- Elemental Mapping for the Phenom™ proX SEM
- Fibre Optic Sensing Equipment from Optocon
- Exemplar - A new Class of ‘Smart’ Multi-channel Miniature Spectrometer
- NEW board from Foresight Imaging provides high quality, real-time H.264 compression at up to 1080p 60Hz
- New NanoRam handheld analyser for rapid chemical identification
- Real-time, H.264 HD Video Acquisition & Streaming - 1080p, 1080i, 720p & more!
- Striking a new path with cost-effective vision solutions using PoE
- ExpressCard/34 HD-SDI Laptop Grabber - NOW HAS AUDIO!
- Lambda Photometrics Offers 4/3" Large Format Lenses from Navitar
- KL300 LED Light Source for Fibre Optics
- The M-Link - Universal Laser Power and Energy Meter from Gentec-EO featuring a unique Noise Suppressing Algorithm
- PolymerIQ - A Revolutionary Solution for Polymer Identification, Quantification and Additive Measurement
- Cameras – Stock Clearance
- Thin Film Thickness and Refractive Index Measurement Solutions from Lambda Photometrics
- Large-scale coaxial LED illumination with small installation dimensions