High Speed Tunable Fibre Lasers
30 Nov 2004
Calmar Optcom have introduced a family of high speed femto and pico-second fibre lasers that are tunable over the range 765nm to 780nm.
The FPL range offers femtosecond fibre lasers producing output pulses of high optical quality, with widths of 150fs to 400fs and peak powers of 300W to 2kW depending on the model chosen. A pulse repetition rate of 20 MHz is standard, and other rates from 10MHz to 100MHz are available.
The PSL series provides picosecond fibre lasers operating nominally at 10GHz and 40GHz with pulse widths less than 1.5ps. The 10MHz version has a pulse repetition frequency adjustable from 5 to 13 GHz and outputs up to 100mW optical power. The 40GHz model runs from 38 to 41GHz with better than 25mW of output power. Low timing jitter, low amplitude noise and automatic or manual mode-locking are features of these easy-to-operate lasers. When combined with Calmar’s Bit Rate Multipliers, pulse repetition rates of up to 640GHz are possible.
As with all Calmar’s products these systems are designed to be simple to operate, maintenance free turnkey solutions. They will find applications in Ti-Sapphire amplifier seeding, multi-photon microscopy, semiconductor characterisation, network component testing, bio-medical research and metrology, to name a few.
For further information about this release, please contact us
Latest Press Releases
- The smallest 1.3-megapixel USB3 Camera with NIR from XIMEA
- IMPERX In-Camera Image Processing
- Integrated Elemental Mapping & Line Scan
- The fastest Point and Shoot Desktop Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) for Forensic applications.
- New Revision for StreamPix, TroublePix and HERMES software from Norpix
- Elemental Mapping for the Phenom™ proX SEM
- Fibre Optic Sensing Equipment from Optocon
- Exemplar - A new Class of ‘Smart’ Multi-channel Miniature Spectrometer
- NEW board from Foresight Imaging provides high quality, real-time H.264 compression at up to 1080p 60Hz
- New NanoRam handheld analyser for rapid chemical identification
- Real-time, H.264 HD Video Acquisition & Streaming - 1080p, 1080i, 720p & more!
- Striking a new path with cost-effective vision solutions using PoE
- ExpressCard/34 HD-SDI Laptop Grabber - NOW HAS AUDIO!
- Lambda Photometrics Offers 4/3" Large Format Lenses from Navitar
- KL300 LED Light Source for Fibre Optics
- The M-Link - Universal Laser Power and Energy Meter from Gentec-EO featuring a unique Noise Suppressing Algorithm
- PolymerIQ - A Revolutionary Solution for Polymer Identification, Quantification and Additive Measurement
- Cameras – Stock Clearance
- Thin Film Thickness and Refractive Index Measurement Solutions from Lambda Photometrics
- Large-scale coaxial LED illumination with small installation dimensions