Simultaneous 3D and grey scale profiles at high speed
15 Mar 2005
The MultiScan Ranger C camera from SICK-IVP, can acquire 3D shape, and intensity data such as grey scale, gloss, surface defect and laser scatter measurements simultaneously from one single camera. Using SICK-IVP's unique and patented sensor technology the speed and performance are extremely high.
Good image structure based on cleverly arranged illumination is often the key to a successful machine vision solution. With a line of laser light projected across an object at an angle other than that of the camera, accurate height measurements can be made. High resolution grey scale detection using a halved pixel pitch line of sensors produces sharp images permitting very small defects to be detected. Laser scatter measurements permit the inspection of a wide variety of products ranging from knot detection in wood to fruit and vegetable quality control. Gloss measurements can be used for the detection of surface defects in shiny materials such as tiles and polished parts.
The patented Smart Vision Sensor is at the core of the system, flexible windowing and integration control together with on-chip processing are key principals of the MultiScan technology. Each feature image is acquired on individual areas of the sensor, after A to D conversion data is passed to the PC memory via CameraLink.
The examples described here are just a few of the possible applications, imagination is all that is needed to provide solutions to many more inspection and measurement tasks.For more information contact Doug Bell at Lambda Photometrics Ltd
Lambda House, Batford Mill, Harpenden, Herts AL5 5BZ
Tel: 01582 764334 Fax: 01582 712084
For more information on the SICK-IVP range of products click here
Latest Press Releases
- The smallest 1.3-megapixel USB3 Camera with NIR from XIMEA
- IMPERX In-Camera Image Processing
- Integrated Elemental Mapping & Line Scan
- The fastest Point and Shoot Desktop Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) for Forensic applications.
- New Revision for StreamPix, TroublePix and HERMES software from Norpix
- Elemental Mapping for the Phenom™ proX SEM
- Fibre Optic Sensing Equipment from Optocon
- Exemplar - A new Class of ‘Smart’ Multi-channel Miniature Spectrometer
- NEW board from Foresight Imaging provides high quality, real-time H.264 compression at up to 1080p 60Hz
- New NanoRam handheld analyser for rapid chemical identification
- Real-time, H.264 HD Video Acquisition & Streaming - 1080p, 1080i, 720p & more!
- Striking a new path with cost-effective vision solutions using PoE
- ExpressCard/34 HD-SDI Laptop Grabber - NOW HAS AUDIO!
- Lambda Photometrics Offers 4/3" Large Format Lenses from Navitar
- KL300 LED Light Source for Fibre Optics
- The M-Link - Universal Laser Power and Energy Meter from Gentec-EO featuring a unique Noise Suppressing Algorithm
- PolymerIQ - A Revolutionary Solution for Polymer Identification, Quantification and Additive Measurement
- Cameras – Stock Clearance
- Thin Film Thickness and Refractive Index Measurement Solutions from Lambda Photometrics
- Large-scale coaxial LED illumination with small installation dimensions