Smart Fibre Optic Cable Test Sets
06 Jun 2006
A family of fibre cable loss sets has been introduced by Tempo, a US manufacturer of fibre optic test instrumentation. The Tempo 525 series is a rugged and dependable line of smart cable acceptance testing instruments designed for telecoms and datacoms high count cabling. The test sets provide the user with the easiest method of field testing of installed fibre optic cable.
The range of features available in the four instrument series include automated, one button, bi-directional testing and optical return loss measurements with models for multi-mode or single-mode operation. Pass/fail thresholds can be set by the user and communication by messaging is possible between units in a test setup. The power meter element of the products has a wide dynamic range and is calibrated at seven widely used wavelengths between 850nm and 1625nm and has a resolution of 0.01dB with an absolute accuracy of 0.25dB. Two course wavelengths are provided on each model, 850nm and 1300nm on the multi-mode version, 1310nm and 1550nm on the single mode instrument. Information is displayed on a large backlit LCD screen with a sealed membrane permitting use in the harshest environments. An internal memory can store up to 1500 measurement records which can be downloaded to a database manager which can organise certification reports for printing. The software to facilitate the handling of test data is supplied with each instrument. An internal NiMH battery is capable of 8 hours of operation when fully charged. The Tempo 525 smart optical test set is delivered in a sturdy, field useable transit case which also contains an AC power adapter/battery charger, fibre cable connector adapters, an RS-232 data transfer cable, connector cleaning swabs and a reel of connector cleaner.
For more information contact Adrian Harrison on 01582 764334 Fax: 01582 712084 E-mail: email@example.com
For more information on Fibre Optic products click here
Latest Press Releases
- The smallest 1.3-megapixel USB3 Camera with NIR from XIMEA
- IMPERX In-Camera Image Processing
- Integrated Elemental Mapping & Line Scan
- The fastest Point and Shoot Desktop Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) for Forensic applications.
- New Revision for StreamPix, TroublePix and HERMES software from Norpix
- Elemental Mapping for the Phenom™ proX SEM
- Fibre Optic Sensing Equipment from Optocon
- Exemplar - A new Class of ‘Smart’ Multi-channel Miniature Spectrometer
- NEW board from Foresight Imaging provides high quality, real-time H.264 compression at up to 1080p 60Hz
- New NanoRam handheld analyser for rapid chemical identification
- Real-time, H.264 HD Video Acquisition & Streaming - 1080p, 1080i, 720p & more!
- Striking a new path with cost-effective vision solutions using PoE
- ExpressCard/34 HD-SDI Laptop Grabber - NOW HAS AUDIO!
- Lambda Photometrics Offers 4/3" Large Format Lenses from Navitar
- KL300 LED Light Source for Fibre Optics
- The M-Link - Universal Laser Power and Energy Meter from Gentec-EO featuring a unique Noise Suppressing Algorithm
- PolymerIQ - A Revolutionary Solution for Polymer Identification, Quantification and Additive Measurement
- Cameras – Stock Clearance
- Thin Film Thickness and Refractive Index Measurement Solutions from Lambda Photometrics
- Large-scale coaxial LED illumination with small installation dimensions