NPL acquire Polytec MSA-400 micro systems analyser for CEMMNT project
16 Aug 2006
To support the metrology and dynamic characterisation of MEMS and other micro-structure devices as part of the CEMMNT project, NPL has added a Polytec MSA-400 micro systems analyser to its armoury of tools working in the micro and nano domain.
NPL's new Polytec MSA-400 covers frequencies to 1 MHz and measures dynamic motion in both the out-of-plane (Z axis) and inplane (X-Y axes) directions. It is capable of measuring the frequency response of resonant devices (such as cantilevers, membranes, accelerometers, etc), as well as the time domain response of switches, actuators and other structures, displaying that response as still or animated deflection shapes for o-o-p vibration, or Bode plots with motion amplitude for lateral measurements.
Data is easily taken, given fast indication of the overall frequency response of a structure, with deflection shapes quantifying the motion at the resonant and other frequencies. Such information is essential to check if design, manufacture and operation are correct for the device.
The MSA-400 will also ensure that existing characterisation work on PZT and other active materials will be enhanced and extended.
The purchase of such a system shows NPL’s commitment to supporting the emerging field of Microsystems and Nanotechnology and it is hoped that further work will ensure the development of calibration and certification techniques for the measurement of these challenging devices.
For further information about this release, please contact Roger Traynor at email@example.com
Latest Press Releases
- The smallest 1.3-megapixel USB3 Camera with NIR from XIMEA
- IMPERX In-Camera Image Processing
- Integrated Elemental Mapping & Line Scan
- The fastest Point and Shoot Desktop Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) for Forensic applications.
- New Revision for StreamPix, TroublePix and HERMES software from Norpix
- Elemental Mapping for the Phenom™ proX SEM
- Fibre Optic Sensing Equipment from Optocon
- Exemplar - A new Class of ‘Smart’ Multi-channel Miniature Spectrometer
- NEW board from Foresight Imaging provides high quality, real-time H.264 compression at up to 1080p 60Hz
- New NanoRam handheld analyser for rapid chemical identification
- Real-time, H.264 HD Video Acquisition & Streaming - 1080p, 1080i, 720p & more!
- Striking a new path with cost-effective vision solutions using PoE
- ExpressCard/34 HD-SDI Laptop Grabber - NOW HAS AUDIO!
- Lambda Photometrics Offers 4/3" Large Format Lenses from Navitar
- KL300 LED Light Source for Fibre Optics
- The M-Link - Universal Laser Power and Energy Meter from Gentec-EO featuring a unique Noise Suppressing Algorithm
- PolymerIQ - A Revolutionary Solution for Polymer Identification, Quantification and Additive Measurement
- Cameras – Stock Clearance
- Thin Film Thickness and Refractive Index Measurement Solutions from Lambda Photometrics
- Large-scale coaxial LED illumination with small installation dimensions