Add M2 Capability to your WinCamD
26 April 2007[endheading]
Lambda Photometrics is proud to announce the addition of M² measurement capability to the Gentec-EO WinCamD range of beam profilers. The fast, compact and portable M2DU accessory converts any WinCamD series beam profiling camera into a compact, fully ISO 11146 compliant M² measurement system for cw and pulsed lasers.
The M² beam quality factor is defined as the ratio of the divergence of the actual beam to that of a theoretical, diffraction limited TEM00 beam of the same waist diameter. It is routinely used as a measure of laser beam quality.
The M2DU system comprises a lens fixed to the front of a 42.5mm travel moving stage on which the WinCamD is mounted. An input lens refocuses the input beam to a waist within the stage’s travel range. The standard lens is 100mm focal length, and alternative lenses and coatings are available for applications with specific wavelength and maximum beam waist diameter requirements. We can offer field replaceable fused silica singlets for the UV (260-450nm) and achromats for the Visible (400-800nm), NIR (630-1100nm) and Telecoms (1000-1800nm) wavelengths.
An Auto Scan Range (ASR™) mode simplifies scanning a range in accordance with the ISO11146 standard; an initial 20-point scan with an Average of 2 images at each position is performed over the total range of the stage. The software establishes the optimal scan range for M². Averaging is set to 5 images per position and 60 equispaced samples in z about the beamwaist (the standard only requires 10 equispaced samples, half within one and half beyond 2 Rayleigh ranges). A least squares hyperbolic fit to the required Second Moment (4σ) diameter data allows calculation of the M² value and related parameters for both the focused and source beam.
The WinCamD with M2DU gives you the most cost effective solution to perform quick and reliable ISO standard M² measurements.
Latest Press Releases
- The smallest 1.3-megapixel USB3 Camera with NIR from XIMEA
- IMPERX In-Camera Image Processing
- Integrated Elemental Mapping & Line Scan
- The fastest Point and Shoot Desktop Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) for Forensic applications.
- New Revision for StreamPix, TroublePix and HERMES software from Norpix
- Elemental Mapping for the Phenom™ proX SEM
- Fibre Optic Sensing Equipment from Optocon
- Exemplar - A new Class of ‘Smart’ Multi-channel Miniature Spectrometer
- NEW board from Foresight Imaging provides high quality, real-time H.264 compression at up to 1080p 60Hz
- New NanoRam handheld analyser for rapid chemical identification
- Real-time, H.264 HD Video Acquisition & Streaming - 1080p, 1080i, 720p & more!
- Striking a new path with cost-effective vision solutions using PoE
- ExpressCard/34 HD-SDI Laptop Grabber - NOW HAS AUDIO!
- Lambda Photometrics Offers 4/3" Large Format Lenses from Navitar
- KL300 LED Light Source for Fibre Optics
- The M-Link - Universal Laser Power and Energy Meter from Gentec-EO featuring a unique Noise Suppressing Algorithm
- PolymerIQ - A Revolutionary Solution for Polymer Identification, Quantification and Additive Measurement
- Cameras – Stock Clearance
- Thin Film Thickness and Refractive Index Measurement Solutions from Lambda Photometrics
- Large-scale coaxial LED illumination with small installation dimensions