Femtosecond Pulsed Fiber Laser with High Average Output Power
04 October 2007
Calmar introduces a new femtosecond pulsed fiber laser FPL-05 series to the market. The laser provides up to 5 W high average output power and 1 MW peak power, to the end users.
FPL-05 consists of a master laser source and a freespace based pulse compressor. The operation is a simple plug -and-play, with no need of cooling.
FPL-05 is a passively mode locked fiber laser that generates optical pulses with a pulsewidth less than 0.3 ps. The repetition rate is pre-selectable in the range of 10 ~ 50 MHz and the wavelength covers 1550 nm and 1064 nm bands.
FPL-05 is simple and intuitive to operate. The operation is turn-key based and requires no external RF source or warm-up.
The optional synchronization output frequency can be the fundamental or harmonics of the repetition rate of the laser. In addition, the laser pulses can be phase-locked to an external RF clock or another laser source with very low timing jitter by implementing our proprietary PLL technology.
FPL-05 is a versatile optical source. The laser is ideal for optical nonlinearity study, biomedical imaging and treatment, seed laser of ultra high output power laser, terahertz radiation, and material processing.
|Pulse width (ps)||0.3||0.5|
|Central Wavelength (nm)||1550||1064|
|Repetition Rate (kHz)||10 ~ 50||10 ~ 50|
|Average Power (W)||1 ~ 5 (selectable)||1 ~ 5 (selectable)|
|Output Beam||Free space, diameter 4mm (typical), M² <1.2|
|Dimension (cm) Fibre Laser||48 (w) x 42 (d) x 9 (h)|
|Dimension (cm) Compressor||48 (w) x 42 (d) x 9 (h)|
|Operating Temp (°C)||5 ~ 40|
|Operating Voltage (VAC)||85 ~ 250|
Specifications are subject to change without notice
Latest Press Releases
- The smallest 1.3-megapixel USB3 Camera with NIR from XIMEA
- IMPERX In-Camera Image Processing
- Integrated Elemental Mapping & Line Scan
- The fastest Point and Shoot Desktop Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) for Forensic applications.
- New Revision for StreamPix, TroublePix and HERMES software from Norpix
- Elemental Mapping for the Phenom™ proX SEM
- Fibre Optic Sensing Equipment from Optocon
- Exemplar - A new Class of ‘Smart’ Multi-channel Miniature Spectrometer
- NEW board from Foresight Imaging provides high quality, real-time H.264 compression at up to 1080p 60Hz
- New NanoRam handheld analyser for rapid chemical identification
- Real-time, H.264 HD Video Acquisition & Streaming - 1080p, 1080i, 720p & more!
- Striking a new path with cost-effective vision solutions using PoE
- ExpressCard/34 HD-SDI Laptop Grabber - NOW HAS AUDIO!
- Lambda Photometrics Offers 4/3" Large Format Lenses from Navitar
- KL300 LED Light Source for Fibre Optics
- The M-Link - Universal Laser Power and Energy Meter from Gentec-EO featuring a unique Noise Suppressing Algorithm
- PolymerIQ - A Revolutionary Solution for Polymer Identification, Quantification and Additive Measurement
- Cameras – Stock Clearance
- Thin Film Thickness and Refractive Index Measurement Solutions from Lambda Photometrics
- Large-scale coaxial LED illumination with small installation dimensions