Prosilica Launches Line of GigE Vision Single-Board Cameras
06 June 2008
Prosilica is pleased to introduce its new GB-Series range of single-board OEM cameras with Gigabit Ethernet interface (GigE Vision™).
The credit-card sized GB-Series cameras (51 x 89 mm) have been specially designed for OEM applications where there is a need to fit machine vision cameras within tight spaces.
High performance comes in a small package
This new series of CCD cameras combines a rugged industrial design with high performance, high reliability and versatility. They are available in color or monochrome models, with landscape or portrait orientation, and with in-line or vertical connection orientation to offer low cost options and an unprecedented ease of integration. Cameras are fitted with a C-mount with adjustable back focus or an optional CS-mount. The GigE Vision compliant gigabit Ethernet interface allows cable lengths of up to 100m (300ft) long using conventional Ethernet cabling (Cat5e).
The GB-Series cameras feature progressive scan Sony CCD sensors for high image quality and excellent sensitivity and are most suited for applications such as machine vision, industrial inspection, avionics, traffic monitoring, license plate reading, public security, intelligent transportation systems (ITS), character recognition, biometrics, robotics and surveillance.
The ultra-compact GB-Series currently offer four models, GB650, GB660, GB1380H, GB2450, ranging from VGA to 5 megapixel resolution and full resolution frame rates to 120 fps. Higher frame rates are possible using region of interest readout and/or advanced binning modes.
Advanced camera features
Like all Prosilica cameras the GB-Series incorporate an advanced set of rich camera features including snapshot/global shutter, pixel binning, area of interest readout, external trigger and sync I/O, auto-iris control, RS-232 peripheral port, exposure, gain and offset controls, non-volatile configuration memory, event recorder capability, pre-trigger recording, programmable strobe functions, multicasting, configurable IP addresses, autoexposure and autowhite balance controls.
Prosilica’s customer-acclaimed SDK is available free of charge. It supports Windows (2000, XP and Vista), Linux and QNX operating systems on both Intel and Power PC platforms. For users that prefer third party imaging libraries and applications, Prosilica’s GigE Vision cameras are plug-and-play compatible with software from Matrox, National Instruments, Stemmer Imaging, Norpix, MVTec, and others.
”The GB-Series bring the high performance and quality associated with Prosilica to a new range of compact, and economically priced series of board-level OEM cameras . This unique range of GigE Vision compliant single-board cameras will fill a gap in the OEM market”. Says Prosilica CEO Marty Furse.
For a free evaluation, please contact our Machine Vision Group
Latest Press Releases
- The smallest 1.3-megapixel USB3 Camera with NIR from XIMEA
- IMPERX In-Camera Image Processing
- Integrated Elemental Mapping & Line Scan
- The fastest Point and Shoot Desktop Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) for Forensic applications.
- New Revision for StreamPix, TroublePix and HERMES software from Norpix
- Elemental Mapping for the Phenom™ proX SEM
- Fibre Optic Sensing Equipment from Optocon
- Exemplar - A new Class of ‘Smart’ Multi-channel Miniature Spectrometer
- NEW board from Foresight Imaging provides high quality, real-time H.264 compression at up to 1080p 60Hz
- New NanoRam handheld analyser for rapid chemical identification
- Real-time, H.264 HD Video Acquisition & Streaming - 1080p, 1080i, 720p & more!
- Striking a new path with cost-effective vision solutions using PoE
- ExpressCard/34 HD-SDI Laptop Grabber - NOW HAS AUDIO!
- Lambda Photometrics Offers 4/3" Large Format Lenses from Navitar
- KL300 LED Light Source for Fibre Optics
- The M-Link - Universal Laser Power and Energy Meter from Gentec-EO featuring a unique Noise Suppressing Algorithm
- PolymerIQ - A Revolutionary Solution for Polymer Identification, Quantification and Additive Measurement
- Cameras – Stock Clearance
- Thin Film Thickness and Refractive Index Measurement Solutions from Lambda Photometrics
- Large-scale coaxial LED illumination with small installation dimensions