Prosilica Unveils 2 Megapixel GE1660
24 October 2008
Lambda Photometrics are pleased to introduce the Prosilica GE1660 high performance 2-megapixel resolution, 4:3 aspect ratio, industrial CCD camera with Gigabit Ethernet interface.2/3” optical format
The new 2-megapixel GE1660 industrial CCD camera runs at 34 frames per second at full resolution, and even faster using Area of Interest Readout (AOI). The GE1660 features the new Kodak KAI-02050, 2/3” optical format, progressive scan, interline transfer CCD that offers a higher image quality, high sensitivity, low noise and improved smear performance, and compatibility with a wide range of lenses.
The economically priced GE1660 has a C-mount lens mount with adjustable back focus and is available in color or monochrome models. This camera is ideally suited for applications such as industrial inspection, machine vision, LCD panel inspection, medical imaging, ophthalmology, aeronautical and aerospace, public security, surveillance, traffic imaging, and OEM applications.Rich set of camera features
Like all Prosilica cameras, the GE1660 incorporates an advanced set of rich camera features including snapshot/global shutter, pixel binning, area of interest readout, external trigger and sync I/O, RS-232 peripheral port, exposure, gain and offset controls, non-volatile configuration memory, event recorder capability, pre-trigger recording, programmable strobe functions, multicasting, configurable IP addresses, autoexposure and auto-whitebalance controls.Ease of integration and third-party compatibility
Thanks to its GigE VisionTM compliant gigabit Ethernet interface, the GE1660 is virtually plug-and-play and does not require a frame-grabber to operate. The interface also allows cable lengths of up to 100m (300ft) long using conventional Cat5e network cable and even longer lengths using fiber optics.
The Prosilica GigE sample viewer and the customer-acclaimed SDK are both available free of charge. The SDK supports Windows (2000, XP and Vista), Linux and QNX operating systems on both Intel and Power PC platforms. For users that prefer third party imaging libraries and applications, Prosilica’s GigE Vision cameras are plug-and-play compatible with software from Matrox, National Instruments, Stemmer Imaging, Norpix, MVTec, and others.About Prosilica
Prosilica is a leading manufacturer of digital cameras for machine vision and industrial imaging. Prosilica produces high-performance, ultra-compact digital cameras based on Gigabit Ethernet (GigE Vision) interface technologies. Prosilica is a subsidiary of Allied Vision Technologies, the established market leader in the area of digital FireWire industrial cameras.
For a FREE trial of the 2-megapixel GE1660 industrial CCD camera, please click here to contact us by email, alternatively call the Machine Vision Team on 01582 764334
Latest Press Releases
- The smallest 1.3-megapixel USB3 Camera with NIR from XIMEA
- IMPERX In-Camera Image Processing
- Integrated Elemental Mapping & Line Scan
- The fastest Point and Shoot Desktop Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) for Forensic applications.
- New Revision for StreamPix, TroublePix and HERMES software from Norpix
- Elemental Mapping for the Phenom™ proX SEM
- Fibre Optic Sensing Equipment from Optocon
- Exemplar - A new Class of ‘Smart’ Multi-channel Miniature Spectrometer
- NEW board from Foresight Imaging provides high quality, real-time H.264 compression at up to 1080p 60Hz
- New NanoRam handheld analyser for rapid chemical identification
- Real-time, H.264 HD Video Acquisition & Streaming - 1080p, 1080i, 720p & more!
- Striking a new path with cost-effective vision solutions using PoE
- ExpressCard/34 HD-SDI Laptop Grabber - NOW HAS AUDIO!
- Lambda Photometrics Offers 4/3" Large Format Lenses from Navitar
- KL300 LED Light Source for Fibre Optics
- The M-Link - Universal Laser Power and Energy Meter from Gentec-EO featuring a unique Noise Suppressing Algorithm
- PolymerIQ - A Revolutionary Solution for Polymer Identification, Quantification and Additive Measurement
- Cameras – Stock Clearance
- Thin Film Thickness and Refractive Index Measurement Solutions from Lambda Photometrics
- Large-scale coaxial LED illumination with small installation dimensions