New Broadband Fibre-to-Fibre Isolators for the Super-Luminescent Light Emitting Diode (SLED) Market
6 March 2009
Lambda Photometrics Ltd are pleased to announce a new line of fibre-to-fibre optical isolators from Optics for Research Inc. (OFR), specifically designed for use in Super-Luminescent Light Emitting Diode (SLED or SLD) applications. These isolators provide high isolation and low insertion loss over broad bandwidths and are available for common SLED wavelength ranges in the 750nm to 900nm region.
These isolators use OFR’s proven IO-F series optical engine, and two platforms are available for single or dual chip SLED requirements. For single chip SLED applications the IO-F-SL1 fibre isolator provides superior performance over a spectral bandwidth of 70nm. For dual chip SLED systems the IO-F-BB-SL2 provides coverage over a 100nm bandwidth.
Isolation at the centre wavelength typically exceeds 35dB, and is maintained to at least 20dB at the bandwidth FWHM points for both models. Optical power handling capability is 3Watts in the forward and reverse directions, and the compact packages are supplied with 1 metre SM800 fibre pigtails.
If you manufacture or are using SLD/SLED sources, and optical feedback is a problem, then you need an optical isolator from Lambda/OFR. For further information please click here to contact us by email, alternatively call us on 01582 764334.
Latest Press Releases
- The smallest 1.3-megapixel USB3 Camera with NIR from XIMEA
- IMPERX In-Camera Image Processing
- Integrated Elemental Mapping & Line Scan
- The fastest Point and Shoot Desktop Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) for Forensic applications.
- New Revision for StreamPix, TroublePix and HERMES software from Norpix
- Elemental Mapping for the Phenom™ proX SEM
- Fibre Optic Sensing Equipment from Optocon
- Exemplar - A new Class of ‘Smart’ Multi-channel Miniature Spectrometer
- NEW board from Foresight Imaging provides high quality, real-time H.264 compression at up to 1080p 60Hz
- New NanoRam handheld analyser for rapid chemical identification
- Real-time, H.264 HD Video Acquisition & Streaming - 1080p, 1080i, 720p & more!
- Striking a new path with cost-effective vision solutions using PoE
- ExpressCard/34 HD-SDI Laptop Grabber - NOW HAS AUDIO!
- Lambda Photometrics Offers 4/3" Large Format Lenses from Navitar
- KL300 LED Light Source for Fibre Optics
- The M-Link - Universal Laser Power and Energy Meter from Gentec-EO featuring a unique Noise Suppressing Algorithm
- PolymerIQ - A Revolutionary Solution for Polymer Identification, Quantification and Additive Measurement
- Cameras – Stock Clearance
- Thin Film Thickness and Refractive Index Measurement Solutions from Lambda Photometrics
- Large-scale coaxial LED illumination with small installation dimensions