Pulsed UV Light decontaminates Shell Eggs of Salmonella
28 August 2009
Acting to correct and control some of the salmonella outbreaks which are growing more prevalent in the United States, The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is focusing on the consumption of eggs contaminated with the bacterium Salmonella enteritidis. As the poultry industry digests the implications for the FDA’s preventative measures, good news is waiting in the wings.
Attendees at the June meeting of the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) heard a paper entitled: “Decontamination of Shell-Eggs with Pulsed UV-Light”.
The paper demonstrated the positive effects of pulsed light in handling Salmonella enteritidis PT8NSR by reducing the population of the bacterium on the surface of shell-eggs, which can become contaminated on the farm when laying hens have infections. Xenon’s SteriPulse-XL® RS-3000 system has been shown to kill the microorganisms without causing heat damage to the delicate product within the egg shell.
Click here to download
Xenon Corporation is exclusively distributed in the UK by Lambda Photometrics Ltd.
For more information on Xenon products contact:
Ken Middleton, Sales Manager
T: 01582 764334
Latest Press Releases
- The smallest 1.3-megapixel USB3 Camera with NIR from XIMEA
- IMPERX In-Camera Image Processing
- Integrated Elemental Mapping & Line Scan
- The fastest Point and Shoot Desktop Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) for Forensic applications.
- New Revision for StreamPix, TroublePix and HERMES software from Norpix
- Elemental Mapping for the Phenom™ proX SEM
- Fibre Optic Sensing Equipment from Optocon
- Exemplar - A new Class of ‘Smart’ Multi-channel Miniature Spectrometer
- NEW board from Foresight Imaging provides high quality, real-time H.264 compression at up to 1080p 60Hz
- New NanoRam handheld analyser for rapid chemical identification
- Real-time, H.264 HD Video Acquisition & Streaming - 1080p, 1080i, 720p & more!
- Striking a new path with cost-effective vision solutions using PoE
- ExpressCard/34 HD-SDI Laptop Grabber - NOW HAS AUDIO!
- Lambda Photometrics Offers 4/3" Large Format Lenses from Navitar
- KL300 LED Light Source for Fibre Optics
- The M-Link - Universal Laser Power and Energy Meter from Gentec-EO featuring a unique Noise Suppressing Algorithm
- PolymerIQ - A Revolutionary Solution for Polymer Identification, Quantification and Additive Measurement
- Cameras – Stock Clearance
- Thin Film Thickness and Refractive Index Measurement Solutions from Lambda Photometrics
- Large-scale coaxial LED illumination with small installation dimensions