Phenom desktop SEM now available with Remote Assistant
29 September 2009
We are pleased to introduce the Phenom™ Remote Assistant (PRA), a new service enhancement that allows for remote tracking, diagnostics and repair of the Phenom desktop scanning electron microscope (SEM).
“Phenom Remote Assistant enhances productivity by providing reduced time to repair, and increased reliability and up-time of the system,” said Paul Scagnetti, FEI’s Industry Division vice president and general manager.
The PRA allows Phenom users to anticipate service problems before they arise and resolve them with the help of FEI service engineers remotely.
The Phenom Remote Assistant is powered by RAPID (Remote Access Program for Interactive Diagnostics), which is FEI’s secure infrastructure for remote diagnostics. RAPID provides a highly-secure, encrypted, VPN (virtual private network) connection between the customer and FEI service engineer. All remote connections are initiated from the Phenom side, so the customer is always in complete control.
Phenom Remote Assistant reduces the likelihood that customers will have to take a Phenom off-line and return it to the service center. FEI service engineers can remotely track key performance metrics over time, run service test diagnostics on the system, check and modify tool settings, and even view microscope images to access quality and provide expert operations advice.
Phenom Remote Assistant is now available as standard as part of the new software release v1.6
For more information, visit our dedicated Phenom desktop SEM product page
Latest Press Releases
- The smallest 1.3-megapixel USB3 Camera with NIR from XIMEA
- IMPERX In-Camera Image Processing
- Integrated Elemental Mapping & Line Scan
- The fastest Point and Shoot Desktop Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) for Forensic applications.
- New Revision for StreamPix, TroublePix and HERMES software from Norpix
- Elemental Mapping for the Phenom™ proX SEM
- Fibre Optic Sensing Equipment from Optocon
- Exemplar - A new Class of ‘Smart’ Multi-channel Miniature Spectrometer
- NEW board from Foresight Imaging provides high quality, real-time H.264 compression at up to 1080p 60Hz
- New NanoRam handheld analyser for rapid chemical identification
- Real-time, H.264 HD Video Acquisition & Streaming - 1080p, 1080i, 720p & more!
- Striking a new path with cost-effective vision solutions using PoE
- ExpressCard/34 HD-SDI Laptop Grabber - NOW HAS AUDIO!
- Lambda Photometrics Offers 4/3" Large Format Lenses from Navitar
- KL300 LED Light Source for Fibre Optics
- The M-Link - Universal Laser Power and Energy Meter from Gentec-EO featuring a unique Noise Suppressing Algorithm
- PolymerIQ - A Revolutionary Solution for Polymer Identification, Quantification and Additive Measurement
- Cameras – Stock Clearance
- Thin Film Thickness and Refractive Index Measurement Solutions from Lambda Photometrics
- Large-scale coaxial LED illumination with small installation dimensions