Gentec Electro-Optics Acquires Laser and THz measurement manufacturer Spectrum Detector Inc
22 October 2010
Gentec Electro-Optics, Inc., the oldest player in the laser beam measurement market has recently announced the acquisition of the Oregon based laser and Terahertz measurement manufacturer Spectrum detector Inc. The acquisition expands Gentec Electro-Optics product offering in currently untapped markets and adds Spectrum Detector’s expertise to Gentec’s proven know-how in the laser measurement business.
Spectrum Detector Inc was founded in 2006 as a new venture to create detector solutions to optical test, measurement and calibration problems across the spectrum from the Deep UV to the Extreme Infrared and THz. The Spectrum team has more than 60 years combined experience in pyroelectric detectors, optical instrumentation, laser power and energy measurement products and NIST traceable Optical Calibration.
With the addition of Spectrum Detector products, Gentec-EO will now have the following unique measurement solutions to add to their already extensive portfolio of Laser Power and Energy meters and more:
T-Rad THz Pyroelectric Radiometer:
An industry leading line of Analog and Digital broadband THz radiometers and Instruments for Power measurements from 50nW to 20mW and 0.1 to 30THz for use with your standard Lock In Amplifier or as a digital, USB powered instrument.
Mach5 digital Joulemeter:
Instruments for pulse energy measurements from pJ to mJ as fast as 130kHz with 12-Bit accuracy and capture and store up to 4 million pulses (40 seconds at maximum repetition rate). Available as Silicon (0.19-1.064µm), InGaAs (1-1.6µm) and pyroelectric (0.1-15µm) detectors with a 6mm aperture.
deltΔ Analog and Digital Joulemeters:
A range of small, versatile, ultra-sensitive energy sensors suitable for measuring energies as low as fJ to mJ. They plug into an Analog Power Supply (delta-APM) to mate with oscilloscopes/Lock-In Amplifiers, or a digital USB based monitor (delta-DPM) with LabVIEW application program. Available as Silicon, Germanium, InGaAs or pyroelectric detectors with apertures ranging from 3 to 23mm.
Digital Optical TRAP Power Meters:
A series of large aperture (10x10mm), multi reflection, optical trap detectors that are based on a unique concept developed at NIST and act as primary calibration standards. These Silicon and Germanium TRAPS are configured for measurement of collimated and divergent sources, and in housing with interchangeable fibre optic connectors.
A unique digital laser position monitor that works with broadband DPQ Pyroelectric Quadrant probes to measure the movement, position or displacement of a pulsed, CW or Quasi-CW laser from the UV to Far IR. Pulse widths can be from fs to µs, from µJ to mJ, and a single pulse or 1kHz.
Thermo-Electric Controlled Pyroelectric Broadband Radiometer with 5mm or 9mm aperture offers temperature control to 0.05° C from 20 to 30° C ensuring the system is an excellent IR calibration standard for broadband or spectral measurements. It is an ideal Calibration Standard for your Radiometric measurements: 0.25 to 15 µm.
More detailed information on all of the aforementioned Spectrum Detector products will appear on our website soon.
For further information on the Spectrum Detector Inc products, click here to contact us by email or call:
Adrian Piddington on
Latest Press Releases
- The smallest 1.3-megapixel USB3 Camera with NIR from XIMEA
- IMPERX In-Camera Image Processing
- Integrated Elemental Mapping & Line Scan
- The fastest Point and Shoot Desktop Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) for Forensic applications.
- New Revision for StreamPix, TroublePix and HERMES software from Norpix
- Elemental Mapping for the Phenom™ proX SEM
- Fibre Optic Sensing Equipment from Optocon
- Exemplar - A new Class of ‘Smart’ Multi-channel Miniature Spectrometer
- NEW board from Foresight Imaging provides high quality, real-time H.264 compression at up to 1080p 60Hz
- New NanoRam handheld analyser for rapid chemical identification
- Real-time, H.264 HD Video Acquisition & Streaming - 1080p, 1080i, 720p & more!
- Striking a new path with cost-effective vision solutions using PoE
- ExpressCard/34 HD-SDI Laptop Grabber - NOW HAS AUDIO!
- Lambda Photometrics Offers 4/3" Large Format Lenses from Navitar
- KL300 LED Light Source for Fibre Optics
- The M-Link - Universal Laser Power and Energy Meter from Gentec-EO featuring a unique Noise Suppressing Algorithm
- PolymerIQ - A Revolutionary Solution for Polymer Identification, Quantification and Additive Measurement
- Cameras – Stock Clearance
- Thin Film Thickness and Refractive Index Measurement Solutions from Lambda Photometrics
- Large-scale coaxial LED illumination with small installation dimensions