POSITION FILLED Graduate Internal Sales Engineer - Photonics Group
20 Jun 2011
GRADUATE VACANCY - IN-HOUSE TECHNICAL SALES
This is an exciting opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic recent Graduate/Post-Doc in Physics, Chemistry or Electronics Engineering – specifically, someone with interest and experience in lasers & optics as part of a taught course or research work. Here is your chance to demonstrate your scientific expertise and people skills in a customer facing technical sales role.
Based at our office in Harpenden, Hertfordshire you will be part of the Photonics Group and directly involved with our portfolio of lasers & accessories, optics, spectroscopy and lab instrumentation products. You will assist the existing Field Sales Engineers in their day to day activities of dealing with customer email and telephone enquiries, specifying technical solutions, generating quotations, liaising with our suppliers, maintaining the company database and price lists, and supporting marketing activities such as exhibitions, road shows and marketing campaigns.
The company needs someone who wants be part of a strong and successful technical sales team, has lots of energy, is friendly and outgoing with a good sense of humour. Sales experience is advantageous, but not essential, however you must have the right aptitude and a desire to develop a career in technical sales. As a proactive and goal-orientated person who is good at time-management and juggling multiple priorities, you will also have the necessary interpersonal skills, excellent spoken and written English, a good manner and personal presentation in order to be successful in this customer facing role.
After a successful period working In-house Technical Sales, the opportunity to progress to a Field Technical Sales role with additional responsibilities will be made available. A company car will be provided for the field role. It is expected that the successful applicant should live within an easily commutable distance to our office in Harpenden.
Appropriate product training will be provided.
A competitive basic salary plus quarterly sales-related bonus will be payable. Benefits include private medical insurance, membership of a Company Pension Plan and Profit Share Scheme.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply in writing enclosing a CV to:
Lambda Photometrics Limited
Lambda House, Batford Mill
Harpenden, Herts AL5 5BZ
Tel: 01582 764334 Fax: 01582 712084
Lambda Photometrics is an equal opportunities employer
This vacancy has also been published on LinkedIn
Latest Press Releases
- The smallest 1.3-megapixel USB3 Camera with NIR from XIMEA
- IMPERX In-Camera Image Processing
- Integrated Elemental Mapping & Line Scan
- The fastest Point and Shoot Desktop Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) for Forensic applications.
- New Revision for StreamPix, TroublePix and HERMES software from Norpix
- Elemental Mapping for the Phenom™ proX SEM
- Fibre Optic Sensing Equipment from Optocon
- Exemplar - A new Class of ‘Smart’ Multi-channel Miniature Spectrometer
- NEW board from Foresight Imaging provides high quality, real-time H.264 compression at up to 1080p 60Hz
- New NanoRam handheld analyser for rapid chemical identification
- Real-time, H.264 HD Video Acquisition & Streaming - 1080p, 1080i, 720p & more!
- Striking a new path with cost-effective vision solutions using PoE
- ExpressCard/34 HD-SDI Laptop Grabber - NOW HAS AUDIO!
- Lambda Photometrics Offers 4/3" Large Format Lenses from Navitar
- KL300 LED Light Source for Fibre Optics
- The M-Link - Universal Laser Power and Energy Meter from Gentec-EO featuring a unique Noise Suppressing Algorithm
- PolymerIQ - A Revolutionary Solution for Polymer Identification, Quantification and Additive Measurement
- Cameras – Stock Clearance
- Thin Film Thickness and Refractive Index Measurement Solutions from Lambda Photometrics
- Large-scale coaxial LED illumination with small installation dimensions