Breakthrough 3D Optical Profiler for Accurate Surface Metrology on the Production Floor
20 Oct 2011
Zemetrics, Inc., a Zygo Corporation company, introduces the ZeGage™ non-contact optical profiler for quantitative shop floor measurements of 3D form and roughness on precision machined surfaces.
The ZeGage™ profiler eliminates the need for vibration isolation or specialized enclosures, resulting in footprint reduction, cost savings and increased ease of use. The industry-ready design produces fast, accurate metrology in a compact, cost-effective package. The ZeGage™'s proprietary SureScan™ technology enables high precision non-contact surface metrology while providing fast and accurate measurements in vibration-prone factory floor production environments.
Additionally, the ZeGage™ profiler offers an easy to use through-the-lens focus aid for rapid part setup, and a heavy-duty sample stage with standard T-slots for part fixturing and optimal gauge-capable metrology. System versatility and areal measurements are enhanced with a wide range of field-of-view options, including manual or motorized turret options for mounting multiple objective lenses. A standard high-resolution 1 million pixel image sensor provides excellent surface detail and visualization.
Windows® 7 64 bit-based ZeMaps™ analysis software, included with the ZeGage™ profiler, provides extensive 2D and 3D data analysis including form, step-height, and ISO/DIS 25178 compliant surface roughness parameters. ZeMaps™ interactive visualization tools enable fast, easy and thorough process characterization for a wide variety of surface metrology applications.
Commenting on the ZeGage™ profiler functionality, John Roth, Zygo’s Director, Profiler Marketing, said “The ZeGage™ profiler is a major advance in 3D optical metrology, delivering performance, price and productivity to a wide range of industries, enabling the transition from contact, 2D instruments to the next-generation of affordable non-contact, 3D instruments. This system offers superior ease-of-use, speed, repeatability and accuracy, without surface contact or concern for environmental vibrations. With these unique advantages, the ZeGage™ profiler outperforms incumbent and competing technologies such as mechanical stylus profilometers.”
With applications in industrial manufacturing, R&D, quality inspection, failure analysis and more, the ZeGage™ profiler provides advanced surface metrology for control of precision machining and micro-moulding processes across a wide range of industries, including automotive, medical and consumer electronics.
Click here for further details.
Please contact us for more information and to arrange a demo: click here to contact us by email or call:
Graeme Gibbons or David Chambers on
Latest Press Releases
- The smallest 1.3-megapixel USB3 Camera with NIR from XIMEA
- IMPERX In-Camera Image Processing
- Integrated Elemental Mapping & Line Scan
- The fastest Point and Shoot Desktop Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) for Forensic applications.
- New Revision for StreamPix, TroublePix and HERMES software from Norpix
- Elemental Mapping for the Phenom™ proX SEM
- Fibre Optic Sensing Equipment from Optocon
- Exemplar - A new Class of ‘Smart’ Multi-channel Miniature Spectrometer
- NEW board from Foresight Imaging provides high quality, real-time H.264 compression at up to 1080p 60Hz
- New NanoRam handheld analyser for rapid chemical identification
- Real-time, H.264 HD Video Acquisition & Streaming - 1080p, 1080i, 720p & more!
- Striking a new path with cost-effective vision solutions using PoE
- ExpressCard/34 HD-SDI Laptop Grabber - NOW HAS AUDIO!
- Lambda Photometrics Offers 4/3" Large Format Lenses from Navitar
- KL300 LED Light Source for Fibre Optics
- The M-Link - Universal Laser Power and Energy Meter from Gentec-EO featuring a unique Noise Suppressing Algorithm
- PolymerIQ - A Revolutionary Solution for Polymer Identification, Quantification and Additive Measurement
- Cameras – Stock Clearance
- Thin Film Thickness and Refractive Index Measurement Solutions from Lambda Photometrics
- Large-scale coaxial LED illumination with small installation dimensions