New Infrared material measurement service from Lambda Photometrics
31 Oct 2011
Lambda Photometrics is pleased to be offering the unique measuring services of M³ Measurement Solutions
M³ Measurement Solutions provide measurement services for materials used for near to far infrared applications as well as down to the UV. They provide Refractive Index and Dispersions measurement services. They also provide RI as a function of temperature down to cryogenic temperatures to give dn/dT data. Optical materials which can benefit from such measurements include Silicon, Germanium, Zinc Sulphide, and Zinc Selenide as well as Chalcogenide glasses.
Through the combination of high-end precision technology and intelligent software design, M³ (M Cubed) optics metrology department now offers the following measurements:
- Index of Refraction (RI)
- dn/dT (Refractive Index vs. Temperature Measurement)
- Dispersion (Refractive Index vs. Wavelength Measurement)
- Birefringence (Refractive Index Measurement of Anisotropic Materials)
All of M³ instruments are calibrated and NIST traceable. M³ are currently in process of performing validation measurements with a SRM (Standard Reference Material) from NIST.
M³ provides refractive index measurements at wavelengths from 350nm to 14um, and temperature ranges from 77°K to +100°C (373°K).
Refractive index is measured via a modified minimum deviation technique. In utilizing this technique, a small prism must be manufactured from the material under test. M³ can sub-contract the prism manufacture or work with customers who wish to supply the finished prism substrate themselves.
M³ can provide data in many different formats depending on your specific needs. M³ can supply various types of curve fitting and dispersion algorithms (e.g. Herzberger, Schott, Sellmeier etc). Full reports can be provided in Power Point, Word, PDF, and Excel formats.
M³ can reach accuracies to the fourth and fifth decimal place depending on material type and sample configuration.
To discuss your measurement requirements please contact Matthew Ball or Ken Middleton on 01582 764334.
For more information on our products and services relating to Refractive Index and Thin Films click here to visit our webpage.
Latest Press Releases
- The smallest 1.3-megapixel USB3 Camera with NIR from XIMEA
- IMPERX In-Camera Image Processing
- Integrated Elemental Mapping & Line Scan
- The fastest Point and Shoot Desktop Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) for Forensic applications.
- New Revision for StreamPix, TroublePix and HERMES software from Norpix
- Elemental Mapping for the Phenom™ proX SEM
- Fibre Optic Sensing Equipment from Optocon
- Exemplar - A new Class of ‘Smart’ Multi-channel Miniature Spectrometer
- NEW board from Foresight Imaging provides high quality, real-time H.264 compression at up to 1080p 60Hz
- New NanoRam handheld analyser for rapid chemical identification
- Real-time, H.264 HD Video Acquisition & Streaming - 1080p, 1080i, 720p & more!
- Striking a new path with cost-effective vision solutions using PoE
- ExpressCard/34 HD-SDI Laptop Grabber - NOW HAS AUDIO!
- Lambda Photometrics Offers 4/3" Large Format Lenses from Navitar
- KL300 LED Light Source for Fibre Optics
- The M-Link - Universal Laser Power and Energy Meter from Gentec-EO featuring a unique Noise Suppressing Algorithm
- PolymerIQ - A Revolutionary Solution for Polymer Identification, Quantification and Additive Measurement
- Cameras – Stock Clearance
- Thin Film Thickness and Refractive Index Measurement Solutions from Lambda Photometrics
- Large-scale coaxial LED illumination with small installation dimensions