Highest performance for superior demand: LED Light Source
24 Nov 2011
SCHOTT KL 2500 LED: performance leader in cold light sources
SCHOTT has continued to expand its portfolio of LED cold light sources. The KL 2500 LED delivers equivalent light output to a 250-watt halogen lamp, in fact more than 1,000 Lumens out of a 9 Millimeter diameter fiber bundle. Especially during long periods of use in automated processes, this product is cost efficient due to its outstanding price/performance ratio. The brightness and shutter function can be set on a PC and controlled with the help of individual software.
As a result of rising cost pressures and high volumes of samples in the laboratory sector, halogen light sources are gradually being replaced by those that use energy-efficient high-performance LED technology, and processes like stereomicroscopy are being automated. As a pioneer, SCHOTT has expanded its successful KL LED series to include a system that can be easily integrated into existing infrastructures to confront these challenges.
The new KL 2500 LED light source is PC controllable via USB interface. It features an electronic shutter and ripple free DC illumination. The brightness can be set at three different increment values: fine, standard or coarse. An LCD display indicates the brightness setting or operating mode. The product also features a connection for a foot switch and remote control.
SCHOTT uses LEDs that produce neutral white light with a color temperature of approximately 5,600 Kelvin. Unlike halogen systems, this means there are no more annoying changes in the color temperature of the light during dimming. Daylight filters are also no longer necessary. The appropriate type of halogen filter is also available for users who prefer halogen light that approximates a warm white shade.
Because these new devices use the same proven fiber optic interface used in halogen light sources, only the light source needs to be replaced. This means customers are able to continue using their existing fiber optic light guides. These devices are equipped with universal power supplies to ensure that they can be used throughout the world without any limitations.
The LEDs have a service life of 50,000 hours or 1,000 times that of a halogen light bulb, an aspect that translates into less downtime. Furthermore, LED technology allows for energy savings of around 75 percent and, thus, significantly lower operating costs. Because of its high light output and special features, its use in life science and industrial applications of stereo microscopy and macroscopy is especially important.
Please contact us for more information and to arrange a demo: click here to contact us by email or call:
Clive Phillips or Mark Bambrick on
Latest Press Releases
- The smallest 1.3-megapixel USB3 Camera with NIR from XIMEA
- IMPERX In-Camera Image Processing
- Integrated Elemental Mapping & Line Scan
- The fastest Point and Shoot Desktop Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) for Forensic applications.
- New Revision for StreamPix, TroublePix and HERMES software from Norpix
- Elemental Mapping for the Phenom™ proX SEM
- Fibre Optic Sensing Equipment from Optocon
- Exemplar - A new Class of ‘Smart’ Multi-channel Miniature Spectrometer
- NEW board from Foresight Imaging provides high quality, real-time H.264 compression at up to 1080p 60Hz
- New NanoRam handheld analyser for rapid chemical identification
- Real-time, H.264 HD Video Acquisition & Streaming - 1080p, 1080i, 720p & more!
- Striking a new path with cost-effective vision solutions using PoE
- ExpressCard/34 HD-SDI Laptop Grabber - NOW HAS AUDIO!
- Lambda Photometrics Offers 4/3" Large Format Lenses from Navitar
- KL300 LED Light Source for Fibre Optics
- The M-Link - Universal Laser Power and Energy Meter from Gentec-EO featuring a unique Noise Suppressing Algorithm
- PolymerIQ - A Revolutionary Solution for Polymer Identification, Quantification and Additive Measurement
- Cameras – Stock Clearance
- Thin Film Thickness and Refractive Index Measurement Solutions from Lambda Photometrics
- Large-scale coaxial LED illumination with small installation dimensions