Introducing the Phenom proX all-in-one imaging and analysis system
01 Mar 2012
The Phenom proX is a complete desktop analysis tool, offering 45,000x magnification and easy to use, point & click EDS X-ray analysis.
The Phenom desktop SEM is widely regarded as the most powerful and easy to use desktop SEM in both industry and academia. Since its release, the Phenom capability has been continually improved with additions such as motorised tilt/rotate stage and Pro Suite analysis suite.
Elemental analysis is the next step that is integrated in the Phenom pro system series as part of the Phenom Pro Suite application solution. The state of the art EDS detector is embedded in the Phenom proX system and does not require any additional cabling nor customer setup. This makes installation and operation of the system seamless and worry free. When operating the system any feature can be imaged and analyzed without switching between PC’s or systems. Using the Phenom pro system remains unchanged.
Viewing three dimensional images of microscopic areas only solves half the problem in an analysis. It is often necessary to identify the different elements associated with a specimen. EDS is an analytical technique which can analyze X-rays that are generated by the specimen when bombarded by the high quality Phenom CeB6 electron beam to identify the elemental composition of the specimen. SEM imaging of a sample from production can reveal contamination with an unknown substance or the inclusion of unknown particles. With the Phenom integrated X-ray analysis these particles can be examined and their composition and potential origin easily revealed. X-ray analysis is also important when monitoring a production process that needs to create a consistent material mix or specific consistence of materials, such as the fabrication of alloys and ceramics.
Marcel Laros, Area Sales Manager at Phenom-World, is proud to offer his customers this technology: “We did not just add EDS to the Phenom, but implemented elemental analysis into our existing electron microscope to offer a fully integrated solution for your image and image analysis requirements. Being able to identify the individual elements on your image in the familiar Phenom user interface makes EDS accessible to all.”
For more information, please see the Phenom proX product page
Latest Press Releases
- The smallest 1.3-megapixel USB3 Camera with NIR from XIMEA
- IMPERX In-Camera Image Processing
- Integrated Elemental Mapping & Line Scan
- The fastest Point and Shoot Desktop Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) for Forensic applications.
- New Revision for StreamPix, TroublePix and HERMES software from Norpix
- Elemental Mapping for the Phenom™ proX SEM
- Fibre Optic Sensing Equipment from Optocon
- Exemplar - A new Class of ‘Smart’ Multi-channel Miniature Spectrometer
- NEW board from Foresight Imaging provides high quality, real-time H.264 compression at up to 1080p 60Hz
- New NanoRam handheld analyser for rapid chemical identification
- Real-time, H.264 HD Video Acquisition & Streaming - 1080p, 1080i, 720p & more!
- Striking a new path with cost-effective vision solutions using PoE
- ExpressCard/34 HD-SDI Laptop Grabber - NOW HAS AUDIO!
- Lambda Photometrics Offers 4/3" Large Format Lenses from Navitar
- KL300 LED Light Source for Fibre Optics
- The M-Link - Universal Laser Power and Energy Meter from Gentec-EO featuring a unique Noise Suppressing Algorithm
- PolymerIQ - A Revolutionary Solution for Polymer Identification, Quantification and Additive Measurement
- Cameras – Stock Clearance
- Thin Film Thickness and Refractive Index Measurement Solutions from Lambda Photometrics
- Large-scale coaxial LED illumination with small installation dimensions