- All steel construction. No particle board sidewalls or plastic layer between top skin and honeycomb core. Assures maximum strength and structural integrity
- Smallest core cell size, highest core density. The CleanTop design does not require enlarging the steel honeycomb core cell size because CleanTop cups are cylindrical, not conical as found in plastic layer designs. CleanTop's average cell size of 0.5 in.(2) is at least 50% smaller than that achieved with plastic layer designs assuring the highest stiffness and greatest core-to-skin bonding contact area
- Steel to steel to steel. CleanTop achieves a spill-proof core with only two bonding layers: top skin to core and core to bottom skin. Imitations must add a third bonding layer which weakens the structure: top skin to plastic layer, plastic layer to core, and core to bottom skin.
- Thermal stability. The CleanTop all steel construction assures materials of identical coefficient of thermal expansion ensuring optimal thermal stability.
TMC has combined our inherently clean CleanTop® design with several new proprietary design features, cleaning methods, and a vacuum pump-down procedure developed for the University of Texas' Petawatt Laser Project to achieve a level of vacuum compatibility previously unattainable. Though this new design does not require baking (and is incompatible with baking), engineers at University of Texas' Petawatt Laser have achieved 8 x 10-7 torr in a 7-foot diameter, 380 cubic foot chamber containing a 14-foot long CleanTop Optical Top.
Closely correlated with their vacuum compatibility is the fact that these tops only out-gas extremely small amounts ensuring they do not damage optics (because attaining the target vacuum level would be of little value if the top emitted enough contamination to damage optics). The top for the Petawatt Laser application was demonstrated to cause less than a 0.1% loss in optical transmission of a test optic.
We cannot guarantee precisely what level of vacuum you will achieve or what ratio of optical transmission you will maintain. But, we can guarantee that we will provide you with the same design features, cleaning methods, and recommended pumping procedures that assisted the University of Texas' Petawatt Laser in attaining a vacuum level of 8 x 10-7 torr and less than 0.1% transmission loss.
TMC's CleanTop Optical Top is the best method yet for providing a spill-proof, clean, precise, and corrosion resistant optical top with unmatched structural performance. CleanTop is now a standard feature of all TMC optical tops.
Individual CleanTop cups are epoxy-bonded under each tapped hole after it is tapped and cleaned. Cups are made from chemically resistant nylon 6, and stainless steel (304 alloy) cups are available. Holes are now tapped and countersunk prior to adding the cups to allow the machined top sheet to be thoroughly cleaned with open, rather than blind, holes prior to bonding. The top plate is processed through a custom TMC industrial cleaning center where a high pressure, high temperature cleaning solution is forced through each threaded hole, completely clearing any machining or tapping debris. Several rinse and dry cycles ensure an essentially "sterilized" top surface prior to bonding the cups.
CleanTop represents another innovation in TMC's long optical top tradition of industry "firsts" including:
- First spill-proof optical top (CleanTop)
- First all-steel optical top
- First oil-free optical top
- First honeycomb core registered to the tapped hole array
- First lightweight breadboard with formed rather than drilled holes
- First vacuum compatible optical top
- Liquid spills on the surface are contained and cannot reach the top's honeycomb core.
- The core is completely clean and dry with no residual thread-cutting oils to out-gas.
- Extremely clean tapped holes make screw insertion smooth and simple.
- Easy retrieval of small parts dropped into the holes is assured.
- Since no penetration of the core is possible when dangerous chemicals are used on the top's surface, health hazards will not occur by chemicals reaching the core unnoticed.
Support (Leg) Options:
TMC offers a wide variety of leg systems for CleanTop optical tables. Traditionally TMC optical tables are a great match with our Micro-g pneumatic vibration isolation systems, which provide the best balance between cost and performance.
For less vibration-sensitive applications we have rigid non-isolating legs, while ultra-sensitive equipment will benefit from our STACIS piezoelectric vibration cancellation technology solutions, such as LaserTable-Base.
Patented CleanTop clean optical top design
Stainless steel honeycomb core
Stainless steel CleanTop cups
Vacuum compatible core geometry
Vent fittings on table end-wall
Special cleaning of process materials
Cleaning and packing in accordance with strict standards of NIF Project
(National Ignition Facility at Lawrence Livermore National Labs)
Special pump-down procedure used in conjunction
Developed in cooperation with the University of Texas Petawatt Laser Project (though not officially endorsed by U.T.)
We have no downloads available for this product.
|TMC CleanTop Optical Breadboards||>|
|TMC CleanBench Laboratory Table||>|
|TMC CleanTop Optical Table Performance Series||>|
|TMC Leg and Support Systems||>|
|TMC CleanTop Accessories and Options||>|
|TMC Joined Optical Tables||>|
|TMC LaserTable-Base Active Piezoelectric Vibration Cancellation||>|
|TMC Non-Magnetic 710 Series||>|
|TMC ClassOne 790 Series for Cleanrooms||>|
|TMC Hybrid Honeycomb Breadboards||>|
|TMC STACIS III Vibration Cancellation System||>|