We are innovators, engineers, researchers and developers of technology; driving breakthroughs in fields as diverse as healthcare, telecommunications, energy, and defense. Our innovation begins with excellence in research and develops into technologies that can be effectively commercialized. With more than 100 patents, our technologists push innovation to the edge of imagination and are recognized as leaders in transforming science into solutions. Among our innovations:
- Single measurement, all-parameter analysis of devices up to 150m in length
- Full C and L band characterisation in under 3 seconds
- High resolution C and L band or O band capability
- Complete polarisation response
- Real-time measurements
- User-friendly interface
The LUNA OBR 4600 is the industrys only ultra-high resolution OTDR with Raleigh backscatter-level sensitivity (better than -130 dB) designed for precision analysis of fiber optic components optical modules and optical sub-assemblies.
- Easily locate, identify and troubleshoot macro-bends, splices, connectors and breaks
- Locate Insertion Loss points at every point in the network or assembly – eliminate cut-back
- Look inside components to evaluate each interface for RL and IL
- Measure 30 m with 10 μm resolution in less than 7 seconds
- Continuously measure a 1 m segment at up to 3 Hz
- Test and troubleshoot short-run networks (< 2 km)
- Automate pass/fail verification of fiber assemblies
- Monitor distributed temperature and strain profiles along network or inside a component or module
- Production test and QC measurements of IL, RL, PDL and Min/Max (TE & TM) IL/RL in a quick single scan.
- 1.6pm resolution and 80dB Dynamic range
- Built-in Tuneable Laser Source
Luna Technologies' newly launched OBR 6200 Series Optical Backscatter Reflectometers are the industry's highest resolution portable reflectometers for field maintenance applications. With backscatter level sensitivity, a ruggedised integrated design and touchscreen, they are ideal for testing fibre optic networks deployed in aerospace, naval, land, data-centre and industrial applications.
- 100 metres range
- No dead-zone
- 80 micron spatial resolution in fibre
- Dual channel system has IP65 rating
The Luna 6415 is a fast and simple-to-use analyser for passive optical components and modules. The Luna 6415 measures and analyses the Insertion Loss (IL) and Return Loss (RL) distribution, as well as length, working in either reflection or transmission.
- 20 μm sampling resolution
- 20 m measurement range
- 6 Hz scan/acquisition rate
- 1.5pm wavelength accuracy
Mode conditioner cables allowing analysis of multimode fibre optic networks with LUNA OBR’s. Either 62.5µm (OM1) or 50µm (OM2/3/4) fibre with a choice of FC/PC, SC/PC, LC/PC or ST/PC connector.
This system has been replaced by the new LUNA 6415 Lightwave Analyser with improved specifications, improved user interface and much smaller system size.
Benchtop Optical Backscatter Reflectometer OBR 5T-50:
Industry-leading combination of measurement speed,range and accuracy
10 Hz acquisition speed
8.5 metre measurement range
20 micron spatial resolution
0.015% length measurement accuracy
Streamlined Graphical User Interface + Software Development Kit included
Optimise throughput with customised interface
Automatically locates reflective events and yields RL, IL and event location