ZEISS Stemi 508 is your compact, reliable Greenough stereo microscope. Equipped with apochromatic optics you acquire images of outstanding image contrast and colour accuracy. Its mechanics is designed for heavy workloads. With the large up to 36 mm object field you always keep the overview of your sample. The 8:1 zoom then allows to bring details up to 50× magnification. Add interchangeable optics and observe an area of up to 122 mm. ZEISS Stemi 508 offers better ergonomics than any other Greenough-type stereo microscope: The low viewing angle of 35° lets you keep a relaxed posture even after hours of work.
With ZEISS Stemi 508 you observe and document your samples exactly as they are: rich in detail, sharp in focus and free from distortion or color fringes. ZEISS Stemi 508 is your robust all-rounder for everyday lab work and industrial inspections.
- Stemi 508's apochromatic zoom optics and efficient stray light suppression give you a crisp three-dimensional image, distortion-free, without colour fringes.
- Visualise objects in fields of view up to 122 mm.The large 8:1 zoom lets you observe even minute structures in high contrast.
- Use interchangeable apochromatic front optics and eyepieces to reach any magnification between 2× and 250×. Double your resolution or enjoy large working distances up to 287 mm without compromising optical quality - it's your choice.
- Stemi 508 is designed for heavy workloads, using durable and reliable mechanics.
- Enjoy a well-balanced 3D impression: wether you zoom continuously variable or in reproducible mode by activating click stops - the image stays sharply focused over the whole magnification range.
- Thanks to the low viewing angle of 35°, Stemi 508 is more ergonomic than any other Greenough-type stereo microscope. You appreciate a comfortable posture even if you work on the microscope for long hours.
- Choose from compact stands to flexible and stable boom stands, from basic transmitted light to polarisation contrast to get exactly what you need for your application.
- Position your specimen precisely by adding a gliding, tilting or rotating polarisation stage.
- With Stemi 508 doc, there’s always a c-mount adapter for ZEISS Axiocam cameras included – interchangeable, to adapt any SLR camera or camcorder
In 1886 ZEISS produced the first apochromatic microscope lens, a color-corrected objective lens for three wavelengths based on the calculations of Ernst Abbe. The foundation for this achievement was in part the concerted attempts by Abbe and Schott to improve optical glass.
Apochromatic lenses correct the lens error for three colors (red, green and blue) of the colour spectrum by bringing the three wavelengths into focus in the same plane. Apochromatic objectives therefore produce images which are sharper and brilliant. Especially when image quality is of importance doing evaluations and documentation apochromatic objectives are beneficial.
Stand K - Compact, All-in-one, Including Illumination
- With its small footprint and integrated LED illumination, a K stand turns your Stemi 508 into a compact all-in-one device that's easy-to-use and quick to pack up and reinstall wherever it's needed:
- Stand K EDU is the smart choice for classroom environments with its flat transmitted light unit for bright- and darkfield.
- Stand K LAB's mirror-based transmitted light with the tiltable and shiftable mirror features brightfield, one-sided darkfield and oblique light - plus qualitative polarization contrast as an option.
- Stand K MAT optimises your Stemi 508 for quality inspection or small parts assembly with reflected light control and ESD features.
Stand N - Sophisticated Stand, Stages, Intense Fiber Optics
- Stand N is equipped with a large stand base, 350 or 450 mm high column and Stemi carrier for precise focusing of specimens with a large footprint or increased height.
- To tilt, move or rotate your specimen, Stemi 508 offers ball-and-socket, gliding and rotating polarisation stages.
- The CL4500 LED fiber optic cold light source delivers daylight quality, especially optimal for color critical applications. To receive special illumination contrasts choose ringlights for shadow-free bright- or darkfield illumination, single and dual spots for distinct shadow effects, line light for grazing light, diffuse illuminations for avoiding hotspots, or use polarization equipment to eliminate reflections.
Stand M - Generous Sample Space, Large Focusing Range, Including LED Illumination
- ZEISS Stemi 508 with stand M provides a large sample space. Easily handle large specimen or several Petri dishes in parallel. Cope even with big industrial workpieces.
- The memory section of stand M LED allows storing and quick recall of up to three specific illumination conditions.
- Stand M LED can easily be equipped with transmitted light: Choose between mirror-based transillumination unit M LED or the flat brightfield-darkfield transilluminator, that is integrated in the stand base without adding height.
Boom Stands - Stable, Flexible, with Large Operating Range
- Use boom stands to observe large objects, to find and investigate a small specimen in a very large area of interest or to swing your microscope quickly and flexibly between workplaces.
- Big stands with extension arms make it easy to move your Stemi 508 to any point in a large operating range. It always remains stable enough to observe small object details in a smooth, steady image.
- Choose between boom stand A with a single extension arm or the stable and easy-to-move ball-bearing boom stand SDA with a double extension arm. Or, opt for the spring-balanced tilting arm stand U, well balanced in height and flexible enough to adjust to each point in a large specimen volume
Reflected light illumination
- LED spot K, zoomable and height adjustable, for oblique and grazing light illumination with strong shadow.
- Double spot arm gooseneck, self-carrying, for variable oblique light illumination with distinct shadow effect.
- LED segmentable ring light for shadow free ring illumination and oblique light segment illumination: half circle, quarter circle, two-spot.
Transmitted light illumination
- Flat transmitted light base for brightfield and darkfield illumination.
- Tiltable mirror base for brightfield, darkfield and oblique light illumination.
|Stereo microscope, Greenough design|
Stemi 508 binocular (incl. eyepieces 10×/23 Br. foc)
Stemi 508 doc trinocular, phototube 0/100 to the right
|Magnification range||6.3× to 50x with basic version (10× eyepieces, no front optics)
all magnifications from 2× to 250× (when using interchangeable optics)
|Maximum resolution||210 Lp/mm basic version; up to 420 Lp/mm with interchangeable optics|
|Working distance||92 mm basic version; up to 287 mm using interchangeable optics|
|Maximum object field||35 mm basic version; up to 121 mm using interchangeable optics|
|Interface to Stemi mount||76 mm (international)|
|Interchangeable eyepieces||PL10×/23 Br. foc (always included), PL16x/16 Br.foc, W25×/10 foc|
|Stemi carriers for column 32 mm||Stemi mount with drive, stemi mount tiltable 0-90°|
|Bench top stands
(* = footprint as Model K)
|Model K, 200 × 310 mm, column 250 mm with drive, travel 145 mm,
Model K Mat* + reflected light LED electronics, ESD feature: antistatic
Model K Edu* + reflected light LED electronics, flat TL base (bright-field/dark-field)
Model K Lab* + reflected light LED electronics, mirror TL base (bright/dark/oblique)
Model N, 440 × 360 mm, column diam. 32 mm/height 350 mm
|Boom stands||Model A, double arm model SDA, tilting arm model U|
|Stages||Sliding stage circular, ball-and-socket stage, rotating pol stage|
|LED Illuminators K||Spot K LED, double spot K (selfcarrying), segmentable ringlight K|
|Direct LED illuminators||VisiLED ringlights, segmentable; double arm LED spot for column 32|
|Cold light sources||CL4500 LED (CRI 90), CL1500 Hal (150W halogen), CL6000 LED|
|Fiber optic light guides||Flexible spots (adapted by articulating arms), double arm gooseneck,
ringlights for bright or dark-field, line light, vertical light, diffusor, area light
|Transmitted light illuminators||Transmitted light mirror units for stand K or N (BF, DF, Oblique)|
|Polarisation||Polarisation filters for ringlights, spots and transmitted light units|
|ZEISS Stemi 305||-||>|
|ZEISS Axiolab 5 for Materials||-||>|
|ZEISS Axioscope 5/7 for Materials||-||>|